After the application deadline, all applications will be evaluated in accordance with the eligibility criteria, and those meeting these standards will be sent to the relevant department for scientific pre-screening. A selection of applications will subsequently be sent to international peer-review and the final decision rests with the Faculty’s Research Committee.
STEP 1: Eligibility and admissibility checks
- Ineligible and inadmissible proposals are removed from the evaluation process.
- Applicants are notified about their ineligibility/inadmissibility.
- The eligible and admissible applications are distributed to the relevant departments based on the applicants’ choice of programme area and host as indicated in the application form.
STEP 2: Review at department level (internal review)
- Pre-selection of the incoming proposals acc. to scientific quality and department expertise.
- Online interviews will be conducted between potential supervisors and candidates to ensure academic and professional alignment.
- The Head of Department issues for each application a host statement stating if the department can host the proposed research project or not.
- Applicants without a host commitment will be informed about the outcome.
- Only proposals with a host commitment will go to step 3.
STEP 3: Expert/international evaluation
- External experts will carry out the review of the proposals.
- Min. one of the three reviewers pr. proposal will be working in an academic institution outside of Denmark, whereas others can be scientists working at a Danish university or in R&D in the private sector.
- The evaluation is done on an individual basis and the reviewers are blind to each other’s reviews and the gender of the applicants.
- The evaluators will return an evaluation summary of each proposal and the corresponding review scores to the TALENT secretariat.
- The secretariat makes a consensus score for each proposal based on the corresponding scores attributed by the individual expert reviewers.
- Applicants will receive the panel's evaluation report and the overall score and be given five days to comment.
STEP 4: Final selection of candidates
- A ranking of all applications based on the consensus scores (incl. evaluation summaries and review scores as provided by each of the reviewers) is handed over to the Faculty of Science Research Committee.
- This forum will address any interdisciplinary elements and identify potential supervisors and co-supervisors across departments.
- The committee will make a decision on which candidates to hire.
- The candidates will be informed of the outcome, whether positive or negative.
- Successful applicants will receive an actual offer of hire via email, which should be accepted within the stated timeframe. It is therefore of the utmost importance that applicants regularly check their email in the period where offers are expected to be sent out (three to four months after the application deadline).
Read more about: